There will be some changes, and we will be sending out more information on these as soon as possible but here are the key points:
- This is a ZERO spectator event. If you are not a driver, crew member, or NASA staff, you should not attend. Please do not announce this to friends and customers. Our understanding is that all spectator areas will be closed.
- Nose and Mouth coverings are 100% required. These will need to be worn whenever you are in public areas. You will not need to wear these in your vehicles, or if sitting alone in your paddock space. These can be a homemade mask, a bandana, a balaclava, etc., but they need to be able to stay on your face while you use your hands. You will need to provide these yourselves.
- UMC is requiring temperature to be taken at the front gate to enter the facility. This will happen each time you enter the gate.
- All participants will need to practice social distancing, and all paddock parking will need to be done with this in mind.
- Day garages will only be allowed to house 1 vehicle (parked in the middle. GP garages will only be allowed to house 2 vehicles (nose to tail)
- HPDE 1 is SOLD OUT on Saturday, and has very limited space on Sunday
- No ride-alongs, no exceptions
- Registration by credit/debit card only. No cash
- No BBQ and Awards ceremony
- Read the NASA National Policy - Some of our policies will be more restrictive because of Utah State, and UMC guidelines.
- Vulnerable individuals to COVID-19 (those greater than 74 years old, and those with serious underlying medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung disease and asthma, or immunocompromised state) should neither participate in nor attend events and should shelter in place at home until Phase 3, as outlined at https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/. Non-vulnerable participants need to understand that there is risk of bringing the virus home from any event and should take extra caution to isolate from vulnerable individuals once back home.
- Participants who are sick or coughing should not go to the event and will be required to leave.
We know that some of these restrictions are inconvenient, but please understand that we're trying to hold a safe event. We are relying on you to follow these guidelines so we can continue to have future events.
Please make sure to review the information below and ask questions to Matt or Dave before the event, so you can have a great time at the track!
HPDE & TT Information
All HPDE cars must have a Tech form completed prior to each event weekend. HPDE Tech forms can be found here, and can be performed by any local ASE certified shop. All HPDE and TT cars are required to have numbers on both sides of the car.
Read the NASA Prerequisites for HPDE
Don't muck your beautiful car up with tape on your doors! Door numbers are available at Driver Information for $4.00 each. (Vehicles with tape for numbers will not be included in our photographs.)
There is no timing or scoring in HPDE driving groups.
HPDE 1 is where it all starts. If you’ve never been on track before or would like to be guaranteed an instructor, sign up for HPDE 1.
HPDE 2 is for drivers that have been signed off to drive safely on their own. Drivers must be signed off by an instructor to drive in HPDE 2, or have a NASA driving passport showing the driving appropriate driving level. If you have questions please Click Here for more information.
HPDE 2 is dedicated to learning and progression. HPDE 2 drivers do not require an instructor. Please read this before signing up for HPDE 2.
HPDE 3 drivers will enjoy more relaxed passing rules, and generally faster drivers to learn with. The advanced driving group demands attention and focus, and places an emphasis on safe driving in traffic. All drivers at this level must be have a NASA passport, and must be signed off to participate in this group. As usual, if you have questions please Click Here to learn more.
For more information, read the following HPDE Notes.
Only advanced drivers with open passing skills are permitted in HPDE4. All HPDE 4 drivers who are new to NASA must be pre-approved by the HPDE 4 Group Leader or Chief Instructor before being allowed to drive in HPDE 4. If you sign up for HPDE 4 without contacting us, you will be placed in the correct driving group until a sign off ride can be organized.
TT is combined with HPDE 4 and has open passing. You must possess a NASA TT license to be in this class. You must also class your car, please read and understand your class rules and complete your online class submission form. Please review the online database to be certain your form is hosted. Please also have your dyno classification form completed for classes that require dyno certification. For questions regarding TT, as always Click Here for more information. If you have been signed off for HPDE 4 and would like to apply for a license, do it now. Keep your class confirmation email and use the link included to edit your class paperwork.
Each TT car must have 4 NASA stickers. Regular price $2.50 for each sticker. Stickers will be available at Driver Info/Registration.
Competition license holder Racing Information
Racers, please make sure your Medical Form is current, this can be checked from your NASA account by clicking your name in the upper left corner of this page.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re 45 years old or older you are now required to submit a 12 lead EKG with your next medical from, the EKG is generally only required to be submitted one time, and held on record. Current Medical forms can be found at: www.nasaproracing.com/forms.
If you don’t know which class to enter, please refer to the NASA Rules, and Series Rules, all available at: www.nasaproracing.com/rules. If you still don't know where to class your car, select SU... - just kidding- Please contact Matt or Dave. All racers must have their annual tech completed, and car classification forms along with dyno certification forms, where required, turned over to your class leaders.
Suit patches are required for all driver's suits. Each car must have 4 NASA stickers. Regular price will be $5 for patches and $2.50 for each sticker. Patches and stickers will be available at Driver Info/Registration.
If you have questions about the race program, contact Dave.
Cancellation and Refund Policy –
Cancellations received with less than 48 hours notice will receive a credit card refund but you will be charged a 10% fee.
Early Registration Discount!
Single Day: $229
Two Day: $419
Three Day: $579
Register after 6/14 and rates are:
Single Day: $259 -- HPDE 1 is still just $229!
Two Day: $449
Three Day: $609
Register Early, Register Often!