Toyo Tires Continues as NASA's Official Tire for 2008The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the continuation of Toyo Tires' sponsorship of NASA programs for 2008. Toyo will remain the Official Tire of NASA and NASA's choice for all spec tire racing classes. Toyo has continued their generous "Toyo Dollars" programs that allow top-finishing racers to receive rebates on their future tire purchases. Most NASA spec tire classes will run on the time tested Proxes RA-1 race tire which has proven to provide excellent value and an even playing field for racers in those classes. Additionally, some NASA classes will be racing on Toyo's next generation Proxes R888 competition DOT radial which includes new technology while maintaining the traditional Toyo values of long life, consistent performance, and good value. The Toyo contingency program provides more than $1,000,000 of contingency value to NASA racers, which makes this program incredibly beneficial to the competitors and one of the most lucrative programs in the sport. 14 racing classes are eligible for this program and a top driver can receive up to $2,000 in contingency for regional race wins over a season. Furthermore, Toyo will pay out awards of $1000, $500, and $250 in additional contingency money to the top 3 finishers in the regional Championship battles. The contingency has also been improved over past years as classes with only 3 cars will now receive greater rewards than ever before. "We are very excited about Toyo's new racing tire and we are even more pleased that they continue to offer more benefits to our racers each year," said Ryan Flaherty NASA's National Chairman.
Quick Form Links: 2008 NASA Championships Non-Spec/Time Trials Rebate | Regional Race Rebate | Dealer List | Season Championship Award
Toyo Tire (USA) Corporation will provide sponsorship and support for the 2008 race season of the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) as follows:
All NASA Race Series
- The following program will be applied to all "Regional" NASA race classes that specifically require the Toyo Proxes RA1 or R888 to be the spec. tire for the class.
- To be eligible for this program, competitors must be using the Toyo Proxes RA1 or R888 competition tire. Use of a different Toyo tire product does not qualify for this program.
- To be eligible for this program, competitors must display at least four “Toyo Tires” decals (2”x18” size) on their racecar. One decal must be placed on each side of the car as well as one on the front and one on the rear of the racecar. Failure to follow this requirement will result in exclusion from the program.
- The program will be as follows:
REBATE AWARD FOR 5 OR MORE STARTERS IN CLASS
REBATE AWARD FOR 3 - 4 STARTERS IN CLASS
- Certificates will be awarded for a maximum of one official points paying race per day, and a maximum of two official points paying races per race weekend event. If a class has more than two races per weekend, the race class leader must indicate which two races are eligible for this program.
- A maximum amount of $2000.00 will be paid per person per region. This amount is separate and does not include the year end championship award.
- Awards will strictly be based on official race results supplied by NASA. Awards cannot be claimed until NASA has released official race results.
- “Toyo Dollars” rebate certificates can only be redeemed at “Official” Toyo Tires motorsports dealers. A list of these dealers is attached at the end of this document. Toyo Tire (USA) Corporation reserves the right to modify this list at any time without notice.
- “Toyo Dollars” rebate certificates can only be used towards the purchase of new Toyo Proxes RA1 or R888 competition tires and cannot be applied to other goods or services such as shipping charges or tire shaving charges.
- “Toyo Dollars” rebates must be claimed within 120 days from when official results are posted for that event. Rebates must be redeemed at an official Toyo motorsports dealer within 90 days from when the rebate was issued.
- In addition to the rebate awards outlined above, those classes that do spec. the Toyo Proxes RA1 as the only tire to be used will also be eligible for the following award:
2008 REGIONAL CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP
- To be eligible for the championship program, there must be a minimum of five starters in your class for at least eight of the races in the 2008 championship season.
- The “GENERAL REBATE AWARD APPLICATION” form must be filled out by the competitor prior to each event and have the signature of a NASA technical official who has verified the use of Toyo Proxes RA1 or R888 tires and the required decal placement. This form can be obtained from NASA. Also see the Championship Award.
- Time Trial competitors and those racing in classes where Toyo is not the spec tire should use the following form: Non-Spec/Time Trials Rebate Form
2008 National Class Championships
The cash portion of the awards program will apply to race classes at the NASA Championship event which specify Toyo Tires as the required tire for the class. The eligible classes are:
American Iron (AI)
Camaro-Mustang Challenge (CMC)
Camaro-Mustang Challenge 2 (CMC2)
Spec. Miata (SM)
Factory Five Challenge
Honda Challenge 1 (H1)
Honda Challenge 2 (H2)
Honda Challenge 3 (H3)
Honda Challenge 4 (H4)
Honda Challenge 5 (H5)
The cash contingency program will award drivers a cash payout in the following amounts based on number of starters in class. A representative from NASA will contact winners shortly after the event to request information required to process the awards. If your class has 5-9 starters, you'll qualify for the "Toyo Dollars" listed below and you'll need to send in the required Toyo rebate form found HERE and follow the instructions listed on the form.
- 30 or more in class
- 1st Place = $4,000 cash
- 2nd Place = $3,000 cash
- 3rd Place = $2,000 cash
- 4th Place = $1,000 cash
- 5th Place = $750 cash
- 6th Place = $500 cash
- 15-29 in class
- 1st Place = $2,000 cash
- 2nd Place = $1,500 cash
- 3rd Place = $1,000 cash
- 4th Place = $500 cash
- 5th Place = $350 cash
- 10-14 in class
- 1st Place = $1,000 cash
- 2nd Place = $750 cash
- 3rd Place = $500 cash
- 4th Place = $400 cash
- 5th Place = $300 cash
- 5-9 in class
- 1st Place = $300 "Toyo Dollars"
- 2nd Place = $200 "Toyo Dollars"
- 3rd Place = $100 "Toyo Dollars"
Racers in classes that do not specify use of Toyo Tires will be awarded "Toyo Dollars" rebate certificates in the order of finish and by the size of class entrants who start the race. Racers qualified for awards will need to print out the Toyo rebate form found HERE and follow the instructions listed on the form.
- 30 or more in class
- 1st Place = $1,000 "Toyo Dollars"
- 2nd Place = $750 "Toyo Dollars"
- 3rd Place = $500 "Toyo Dollars"
- 15-29 in class
- 1st Place = $750 "Toyo Dollars"
- 2nd Place = $500 "Toyo Dollars"